Alexa, is a combination of an internet-enabled product, an application, and analytical device that offers so many more benefits than ever before. You must also have known someone who is a fan of Alexa. Still, you might not have noticed any major issues with the device. All thanks to top-notch technology and sleek design.
Using a smart speaker for various applications like asking questions, listening to music, answering trivia, making calls, etc makes you feel lovely. There is no surprise in this fact that the Amazon Echo is making lives easier every day. The uses are endless! But it all becomes frustrating when the Amazon Echo experience issues and troubleshooting happens.
That is why we are here to help you solve the Amazon Echo or echo dot troubleshooting problem. This article will walk you through some quick methods for troubleshooting the most common problems with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and other Alexa devices. Below, we have listed some issues and solutions along it. Have a look at the tips for Amazon Echo Troubleshooting or Alexa Troubleshooting.
Amazon Echo won’t turn on
When your Amazon Echo doesn’t turn on and won’t respond to your voice commands, the following can be the reasons:
Plugin issues – If the power cord is not fully inserted into the bottom of the device, it won’t work. The cord must fit into the groove at the back of the device. Also, the power adapter must be correctly plugged into a working outlet.
Power cord – Having a short or broken wire power cord can cause problems. Check the cord carefully and see if any damage is there. Replace in such cases.
Speaker and motherboard – The circuit must have been broken or the motherboard is malfunctioning, in both cases speaker won’t work. It requires replacement.
Amazon Echo Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue
Alexa Echo or Echo Dot troubleshooting occurs if your internet connection and the power outlet are poor. Few users face this problem, so follow these tips when you can’t set up Amazon Echo or Echo Dot:
- Firstly, look at the top of the device and see the color of light. An orange light signifies that the WiFi signal isn’t working as required.
- Now swipe down from the top of the screen on your Alexa app and click on Settings > Network.
- Check that you are properly connected to the wifi network and that there are no issues caused by outdated router firmware. The router allows you to communicate with the internet, and firmware is software programmed in the router. In some cases, updating the router can resolve the Alexa troubleshooting problem.
- Sometimes, the WiFi signal can be blocked by physical barriers such as brick walls, concrete walls, and reinforced doors. If you suspect that one of these factors is obstructing your connection in your home, consider moving the router or Alexa device to a different location to free up or boost the signal.
- When the above doesn’t work, turn off the router, modem, and speaker for a few minutes. Power them on again. You might see the Echo dot working properly.
Amazon Echo or Alexa is not hearing
Have you trained Alexa to recognize your voice? No matter where you have placed Alexa in a room, it will hear you perfectly. But when Alexa won’t set up, there are a few things that you can do
- Go to the Amazon Alexa application and tap on Settings. And now you will see “Alexa Account.” Click on that and go to “Recognized Voices.” Create your profile by name. By clicking “Begin”, you will be given a verbal test. Alexa will ask you things like “What is your name?” etc.
- Now move your Echo away from other objects that can obstruct the sound of your voice. You can also use the Amazon remote to communicate with Alexa. Press and hold the microphone button, and the Amazon Echo Dot will hear your voice commands easily.
- At last, reset your device by pressing the small hole at the base of the device. But keep in mind that settings that you have personalised may get erased.
Inability to add a device
Well, the Amazon Echo or echo dot can be used by itself. Not just that, if you have a smart door lock or thermostat, Alexa can control your smart home devices. Doing this can make your lifestyle more lavish and easier. But what happens if alexa won`t discover devices and doesn’t allow a device to attach with it.
- Alexa is compatible with a number of smart home devices. First of all, determine if your device is included in that list.
- Every device working with Alexa gets connected easily, but sometimes it may face issues.
- To add some new devices, you need to open the Alexa app and tap on “Your Devices” under the “Smart Home” section.
- Now tap on “Discover Devices.” You will see a notification that states, “Alexa is looking for devices.”
- The device you are trying to pair will appear on the screen. If you don’t see anything, click on the “Skills” section.
- Now type the name of the device you’re trying to connect in the search bar.
Alexa ‘Drop In’ Not Working
If your Alexa ‘Drop In’ is not connecting and cannot access a specific device, try following the steps:
- Check out your Wifi Connection.
- See if you have permission to ‘Drop In’ on your contact
- Now make sure the ‘Drop In’ is enabled on your Alexa device
- Debilitate the ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode on your Alexa device
- Update the latest version of your app
- Now reset the device
Alexa Won’t Connect to Bluetooth
Pair your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot with Bluetooth speakers to offer its extra features. If you are unable to pair it, it’s usually a simple matter of re-pairing these devices. To work it on, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Alexa app and select Settings.
- Tap on your Echo and Bluetooth.
- Now click on Clear under Clear All Paired Devices.
- Select Pairing Mode in the same window or simply say “Pair” to your Alexa device
- Make sure your Bluetooth device is in pairing mode
- Now connect them both.
Change Alexa Wake Word Name
When you say that wake word, Alexa powers on! The word can be anything, but if you want to change it, just say “Alexa, change the wake word.” If still, you can’t set up an Amazon echo, change the wake word on the Alexa app.
- Go to the app and click on your Echo device under the “Devices” icon. Now select “Wake Word.”
- A list of wake words will show up and you can choose from it on the app.
- When the word is said, Alexa will likely power on. Words that are similar to it can also trigger your device.
- To resolve the issue, move your speaker away from other sound systems. You can also tap the mute button so that it doesn’t pick up on audible information.
Get help today
However, every speaker has its own unique benefits and issues. But fixing pitfalls with Alexa is simple and easy. We hope this post must have resolved your Amazon Echo Troubleshooting Or Echo Dot troubleshooting problem. If you are still facing any issues, contact our expert team now by dialling Echo Helpline Number +1-872-888-1589 or get in touch with us on the chatbox. We are always here to offer you all the support!