How to Connect Alexa to iPhone, iPad and Android device? – Alexa, is the one of the best virtual assistant which has made such a big difference in the lives of people. Simplifying things to being 24*7 assistant, the real presence one needs in life. Did you also know that Alexa can help you to sleep, play songs with you, games with you, find delicious recipes, create and manage lists for you? Like most people, if your morning starts with your maid turning on the fan or your mother leaving the lights on of your room, however Alexa will would wake you up in the best way with music. Among all its great benefits, the best part is it can be easily connected to any devices like smartphone or tablet. And if you have recently purchased amazon echo or echo dot and want to know how to connect Alexa to iPhone,iPad and Android device then this blog is for you.
The process of connecting Alexa to any smartphone or tablet is quite easy and simple that may take only a few minutes. Through this blog, we will discuss the precise steps in detail that would help to connect Alexa to iPhone, iPad and Android device via Alexa App or Bluetooth easily. So if you are excited to do the same and seeking easiest way then keep reading this blog till the last to know How to connect Alexa to iPhone, iPad and Android Device. Let`s get started!
How to Connect Alexa to iPhone or iPad
Despite the fact that amazon and apple are competitors and have never played well together, the good news is their devices are compatible with each other. You can easily link your Alexa device to your iPhone or iPad directly. When you connect the two, you can use the powerful echo speakers to play your favourite songs, shows and movies directly from your phone. Let`s take a look at how to connect the two devices. And here is a step by step instructions for how to connect Alexa to iPhone or iPad.
Steps to connect Alexa to iPhone or iPad with the Alexa App
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the App store
- Search for the Alexa App by typing in the search bar
- Select Get on the Alexa App to download it
- Download the Alexa App by tapping the install button
- Now, select “open” to launch the app
- Once it is installed, then you are ready to use the app
Note: ANote: Alexa App is compatible with the software versions and operating system having iOS 11.0+ or higher. If you are not sure about the compatibility of your device with the Alexa, then you can get assistance from our Alexa experts by initiating live chat support.
After you have downloaded the app, you must be wondering that how to setup alexa now. So lets take a look at step by step procedure.
- Now, open the Alexa App
- Begin by tapping Ok to grant permission to use bluetooth
- Sign in, into the app with your amazon account login credentials or create a new account if you don`t already have one
- Confirm that the name associated with the account is correct
- Select Allow to let amazon access your contact information and send you notifications or you can skip that by tapping later
- To confirm contact access, Tap Ok and then confirm notification permissions by tapping Allow
- Once access is granted, you will be taken to home screen of app
- Choose “Tap to Talk to Alexa” to setup voice controls by tapping on it
- Select Turn on to talk to Alexa on the go
- Click Ok to allow access to use your location or if you want to deny access Tap Don’t Allow
- There`s also an option to try out Alexa Voice Assistant. The App will suggest you ask a question “Where is the nearest swimming Pool?” . If everything is working properly, you will be respond back
- Now in the menu screen on the lower right corner, Tap the “Devices” icon
- Select the ‘+’ sign in the top right corner
- Now, select “amazon echo” icon
- Select your echo device
- Select the right generation of your device
- Next you need to go to your Wi-fi settings on your iPhone or iPad
- In the list of available networks, look for your echo device. The name will began with the word “Amazon”. Just select it
- Now, go back to your Alexa App
- Select, “Continue Echo Setup” by tapping continue on the screen
- Select your Wifi name network name with which you want your device to connect to
- Enter the wireless key code if required
- Tap connect
- You will now hear Alexa announce ” Your Echo is ready”
Steps to Connect Alexa to iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth
- On your iPad or iPhone device, go to settings
- Select Bluetooth
- If it isn`t currently on, tap the Bluetooth slider to turn it on
- Wait until your echo appears on my devices or another devices
- Select your echo device
- Now, your iPhone or iPad will connect to your echo device via Bluetooth
Alternate Methods to Connect Alexa to iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth
- Open the Alexa App on your iPad or iPhone
- On the top left corner of your Alexa app, Tap “Menu”
- Select “Settings”
- From the menu, select your echo device
- Select “Bluetooth”
- Now, to put your echo dot in pairing mode, tap “Pair a new device”
- Next, enable Bluetooth pairing on your iPad or iPhone
- Go to Bluetooth settings
- Set Bluetooth to Pairing Mode
- Keep it near to your echo device
- Your echo device will appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices after a few seconds
- Wait for the Alexa to confirm that the connection was established
How to Connect Alexa to Android Device
Using Alexa device with an android phone gives you more control of Alexa. In case if you are stuck at the office and want to check your smart locks or would like to send a message to someone who owns an Alexa. Whatever the reason is using Alexa on an android, for whatever reason, adds another layer of convenience to your day. So, how do you use Alexa on android device? Below are the steps you need to follow in order to get started..
- Go to the Google App store and search for the Alexa App
- Select Install
- Wait for the Application to download
- Once installed, go to the home screen and open the application
Note: Alexa App is compatible with operating systems and android software version 6.0+ higher. Unsure about the compatibilty of your device with the Alexa ? Get Assistance from Alexa experts by initiating Live chat support.
- Log in with your amazon account`s username and password
- Tap ‘Sign In’
- Choose your name under ‘Help Alexa to Get to know you’
- If your name doesn`t appear, Tap i`am somewhere else and put that in your information
- When you`re finished, click proceed
- Choose Allow or Later as per choice if you want to grant Alexa permissions to upload your contacts
- Grant Alexa Permissions to use your microphone
- Select “Devices” in the screen menu
- From the top hand side of your device screen, select “Echo & Alexa”
- Choose the Alexa device name that you would like to connect to your android
- Select your Echo generation
- Choose your Wi-Fi Network and enter network security Key
- Tap Connect
That`s it! Alexa is now connected to your Android device.
Also Read: How to Fix it When Amazon Alexa App Not Working?
So, these were the detailed steps on how to connect Alexa to iPhone, iPad or Android device. Hope that this information was helpful and you were able to connect your Alexa device to your smartphone or tablet. But if you still face any issues while connecting it or need any in-depth assistance then you can get in touch with our Alexa experts over the chat or by dialing Alexa Helpline number 1-872-888-1589.