When it comes to automating your home, there is nothing better than connecting it with your smart assistant Alexa. If you do not have any idea about Alexa yet, well it is now high time for you to know it and welcome it home. Alexa is a voice-controlled digital assistant that can answer questions, play audio, control your smart home and connect your favourite services to keep you organized, secure, and entertained. Being an Amazon product, she’s also your personal shopper. You can even install it as an app on your mobile phone if you want to get things done.
Alexa helps in several chores that were otherwise done manually, till very recently. One of the most useful features is her capacity to control the smart bulbs/lights in your home. Controlling lights is the easiest task that can be delegated to Alexa, and there are many features and settings that can be combined and integrated to turn your home into a smart one.
The voice assistant works with many lights, so you do not need to worry about changing any light at your home after deciding to bring Alexa home. One of the types includes Govee lights. Here in this blog, we will discuss and provide you with step by step guide on how to connect Govee Lights to Alexa. So, let`s get started!
Also Read: How to Connect Geeni Device to Amazon Alexa?
How to Connect Govee Lights to Alexa?
Govee Smart LED strip lights are quite attractive in that they can turn any room into a festive mood. It just takes your voice commands for these bright light strips to lighten up your home instantly.It is even the best choice for christmas as well. Furthermore, using Alexa to control your Govee LED strips is a lot of fun because it allows you to turn them on and off, change the colours, and control the brightness with easy voice requests.
Let’s look at how you can use the Alexa app to control your lights. Here’s a step-by-step detailed guide about how to Connect Govee lights to Alexa device. Read below and follow the steps carefully on how to connect Govee LED lights to Alexa.
Connect Govee Lights to Wi-fi
- First of all, you need to connect your Govee LED lights to the power with the use of an adapter that came along the box.
- Download the Govee app from the Google Playstore or iOS Store.
- Sign in to your Govee account by opening the app on your phone. (If you do not have an account before, you can easily register yourself with the help of your email account)
- After logging yourself, you’ll be directed to the Govee app home screen.
- If you have downloaded the app for the first time, you won’t see any device on the app’s home screen.
- Now it’s time to add LED lights to the Govee app. All you need to do is to click the (+) icon at the top right corner.
- Now your app will connect with your LED strip with the help of Bluetooth.
- You can rename the device after getting connected to the app.
- Now, you’ll be directed to connect your Govee LED strip lights to your Wi-Fi at this point.
- Add credential and make sure that the router channel is not on 5.0GHz but at 2.4Ghz or your LED lights won’t connect. You can now control the LED strips through the Govee mobile app.
Steps to Connect Govee Lights to Alexa
- Now, that your LED strip lights are successfully registered in the Govee app and configured with your WI-Fi, you need to open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Select, menu in the top left corner.
- From the list, tap on Skills and Games.
- Select Skills and Games from the menu.
- Click on the search icon on the top menu of the govee app
- Type in Govee Home, and tap on search
- Tap on the Govee home icon.
- Tap on Enable to use.
- Enter the details of your Govee home account and tap login.
- Once connected, your Govee LED Lights must be connected to your Alexa device.
- After setting up everything, use the voice commands to ensure that everything is working in order. You can try the commands like:
“Hey Alexa, decrease/increase (device name).
“Hey Alexa, brighten/dim (device name).
“Hey Alexa, turn on/off (device name)
Also Read: How to Download the Amazon Alexa App for Mac Computer?
Some Govee Lights Troubleshooting Tips:
1 ) Why my Govee Lights Won`t connect to Wi-fi Network?
If you’ve followed the step by step process given above and your Govee lights still won’t connect to your Wi-Fi network, then you can try several troubleshooting steps given below:
- Check if you mobile is connected to 2.4ghz Wifi network as govee lights work with only 2.4G internet
- Make sure the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough to reach the lights. If the Wifi signal is weak you can try taking moving it closer near the router.
- You can try restarting the router. Be sure to turn it off for at least ~ 10 seconds, just like any other device that cannot be connected to a router.
- If the device still won’t connect, try deleting it from the app, restart it and turn off for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, if none of the above listed steps resolve your problem then reset the LED Strip lights
2) Why my Govee Lights Won`t connect to Bluetooth?
If your LED Strip Light won’t connect to Bluetooth, try the following methods to troubleshoot the issue:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for your smartphone.
- In Govee app, do not skip the bluetooth connection
- Unlug the light strip from the power outlet for about 10 minutes. After that, turn the light strip is on and see if it`s able to connect .
- Make sure that your smartphone is within 1 m / 3.28 feet of the strip lights when connecting.
- Remove any obstruction in the way of your smartphone and the LED strip lights.
3) Why Are My Govee Lights Unresponsive to Alexa?
If your Govee LED strip lights does not respond to Alexa, this could be due to various reasons which are listed down below :
- The LED Light Strip may not be connected to your internet. Start by checking your Wi-Fi network connection.
- Your LED strip will not be able to connect to your network if the Wi-Fi symbol in the application is red. Try moving your lights to a different location near the router.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for your mobile device.. You can not control the lights through Govee Home App without Bluetooth enabled.
- It could be a software error.Try logging out of your Govee Home App and then log in again. Try to relink your account with Alexa
THE BOTTOM LINE
Overall, Alexa is a great way and fantastic idea to control Govee LED Light Strips or other Govee products. The step-by-step guide on how to connect Govee lights to Alexa will help you set up an easy communication to change the settings of your Govee lights. We hope this blog has helped you understand how to live more smartly with Govee and Amazon Alexa. In case even after following the steps, you’re unable to connect or sync your smart devices yet, then you can get in touch with our experts through live Chat Support or by dialing Alexa Helpline Number 1-872-888-1589. We’ll be happy to help you out!