Alexa is among the most trustable and effective device which is known to deliver superior experience. It is the best voice-controlled assistant available in the market that offers a wide array of functions. It is loaded with a tremendous amount of information, knowledge, qualities, features, etc. But being an AI device, many times it faces issues such as Alexa Dot Offline. So if you want to know How to Fix Echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation Offline Issue Quickly, then keep reading this blog.
Alexa is the best smart AI available in the market that offers many services. When the user uses its voice command to control the Echo market speaker, it indicates the Echo to run your music, look for any information online, find solutions for queries, share reports, check the weather, and many more. The Alexa and Echo devices work in a partnership. But many times Alexa shows that the Echo Dot keeps going offline. If you are the victim of this issue and want to know Fix Echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation Offline Issue Quickly , then continue reading this blog.
There is no need to panic as this issue can be resolved easily and quickly by performing a little bit of troubleshooting. If you need more information in detail related to your issues regarding the Alexa and Echo devices, then you can get in touch with Alexa expert team via chat.
Why is my Echo Dot Offline? | Know the Reasons
One of the most popular product in Amazon’s Echo family is the Echo Dot. This smart speaker is packed with many features and can control various devices for smart home, such as cameras, smart TVs, lights, smart plugs, locks, thermostats and more. It is a fantastic device until it goes offline. There are several reasons why echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation appears Offline in the alexa app. Before jumping to the troubleshooting solutions, lets first see the reasons leading to the offline error.
- Wifi connection is spotty or malfunctioning
- Weak Wifi Signal Strength or range.
- Echo dot may be too far from the router.
- Echo dot device and smartphone connected to diff. networks.
- Outdated Alexa Application on smartphone or PC/Laptop.
- Echo Dot may not be properly connected to the power supply.
- Outdated firmware or software version of echo dot.
- Echo dot may be close to any source of interference such as microwaves, baby monitors or any other electronic devices.
All these could be the possible reasons that why is Echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation Offline in the app. Whatever could be the reasons, there is no need to worry. The solutions or troubleshooting steps are simple. By following these steps, you can get this issue resolved and get your device back online.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Echo Dot Device Offline Issue
If you are a victim of this issue and you are looking for a quick and accurate resolution, then follow the below-mentioned steps carefully. Try all the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to Fix Echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation Offline Issue,
- Make Sure both devices on the same Wi-fi Network: Your Echo dot must be connected to an active and stable internet connection. Furthermore, your smartphone must be connected to the same Wifi network as your Alexa device. You can check which network your Echo dot is on, by opening the Alexa app on your smartphone/tablet and go to Devices-> ‘Echo & Alexa’ and scroll down until you see the status box. By Clicking the status box will show the device settings page, including wireless settings.If you need to switch your device to a new network, first make sure your smartphone is connected to the desired Wi-Fi network. Then, select the Wi-Fi Network row on the device settings page in the Alexa app and follow the instructions in the application.
- Update your Wi-Fi information : Have you recently changed your Wi-Fi password or changed your router/modem? If so,then you will need to update the new Wi-Fi network information (network name and password) in the alexa app. The steps for updating the Wi-Fi information is same as the steps for switching Wi-Fi networks, so just follow the instructions in the previous section. Also, see whether your router has any firmware updates available, and if so, update it by login into your router’s admin panel.
- Ensure that your Echo Dot is Properly Plugged In: Check the outlet to which your echo dot device is connected to must be receiving power. Otherwise, if that outlet isn’t working, you should try plugging the device into a different outlet. You can also test the outlet with another device to make sure it is working properly.
Tip: A red light on the Echo dot indicates that it has power. If there is no light, it means its not receiving power so switch Echo dot to the another outlet and try again.
- Restart or Reboot the Echo dot Device: The second step is pretty simple and easy to perform. It involves rebooting or restarting the Echo Dot. The step is simple and most often works. You just have to re-start the Echo and check if it resolves the issue or not.
Follow the steps below to reboot Echo dot:
- Remove the power cord from your Echo dot.
- Wait for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Plug the device back in.
- Wait until the device turns on.
- Move the Echo dot closer to the router: Because of weak wifi signals, your echo dot or alexa device may appear offline in your amazon alexa app even though it is working well. So check the strength of the Wi-Fi signals by paying attention to the Wi-Fi bars on your smartphone or tablet. Four or five curved lines usually indicate a strong Wi-Fi connection, but if it has less bars, you’ll need to move the echo dot closer to the router which will boost the wifi signals and bring your device back online. Also, move any electronic devices such as TVs, radios, and microwaves that stand between the Echo and the modem as these devices can interfere with the signal.
- Measure the Connectivity: Check the connection status of your wifi network by checking the lights on the router. If it shows a green light, your internet is working, but if it shows a red light, there is a problem with the router or your wifi may be down. If your internet or Wi-Fi connection is not working properly, you should try rebooting your router and modem using the following steps:
- Unplug the power cord from modem and router.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cords.
- Wait a few minutes for the router and modem to boot up. Follow the steps below to start the router and modem.
Then try to test your network again. If this works, see if that solves your echo dot device offline problem.
- Improve your Wifi Speed: If you have multiple devices connected to your Wi-Fi network, it can lead to network congestion and will reduced bandwidth. In that case, simply turn off the unused devices. When this happens, routers never notify you, so check it yourself and disconnect unused devices to see if it makes a difference.
- Look for the Software Update: Echo dot or Alexa device usually receive software updates automatically over Wi-Fi, but if your dot device is on outdated version, it may appear offline in the alexa app. So, check and update the software version of the echo dot device by going into the alexa app. To manually update Alexa on Echo dot, you can even say “Alexa,Check for software updates”.
- Restart the Alexa Application: Sometimes,a simple software glitch can also lead to offline problem. Restart the Alexa app from its Settings menu and then relaunch the app again. Now, see if this solves your offline problem.
- Update the Alexa App on your Android or iPhone: Do you remember when you last updated your alexa app? If you haven’t updated it recently, you may need to go to the Google Play or iTunes App Store and do so. If there is one, then you need to install it and check whether your Echo dot offline issue is resolved.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Alexa App: If restarting and updating Alexa App doesn’t help, uninstall the App from your iPhone or Android device. Then reinstall the Alexa App from the Amazon App store or iTunes Store or Google Play Store.
- De-register the echo dot device : When you order an Echo dot device, it will register in your Amazon account before it is sent to you. If it does not appear in the Alexa App, deregister the device and register it again. If you don`t know how to do that you can take help from alexa experts by using chat support box.
- Reset the echo dot device to its default settings: If all else fails, reset the Echo dot to its default settings if the alexa app still doesn`t show echo dot device as being online. If you choose with this option, you’ll need to register it to your Amazon account and re-enter the device settings into the Alexa app to use it.
Read Also: Solutions to fix Alexa not Responding Issues
Contact Alexa Dot device Help Resources
If you are facing this problem for the first time, then after doing all the steps, consider waiting for some time for the Echo Dot to come back online. All the above-mentioned steps are among the quickest ways to Fix Echo Dot 2nd,3rd,4th Generation Offline issue, but if in case the issues still don’t get resolved, then you might get more advanced solutions from our Alexa professionals. You can contact our experts through Chat or by dialing Echo Dot Customer Service Number. Our tollfee numbers are operational 24×7.