You turned on your device, and Echo Dot won’t turn orange?? Well, you are going to find the solution here!
Alexa has simplified many lifestyles. The intelligent personal assistant features different lights for different functions. When you see the ring on the top turning orange, it means that the device is connecting to a wireless network. If your Alexa won`t turn orange, it means the device is struggling to connect and you cannot setup your device.
Whatever the reasons are, this troubleshooting guide will help you to tackle this issue easily. So read the blog till last and follow the step by step instructions given below to fix the Alexa orange light ring issue.
What Do The Lights On Alexa Mean?
First of all, you need to understand the meaning of what these different lights simplify. Alexa uses lights to pass certain information to the user.
- The orange color means Alexa device has entered setup mode and is trying to connect to your wireless network.
- The red color means the mic button is being pressed or device has lost the wifi connection
- The Voilet color indicates a problem during the wifi setup.
- Pulsing red color indicates the device cannot process your command.
- Pulsing amber shows that the speaker is waiting to be paired with a network through the Alexa app.
- Pulsing blue color indicates that the speaker is pairing with a device through Bluetooth.
Crucial steps to be considered for avoiding Orange Ring Light issues:
- Check thoroughly and ensure that you have an active Wifi connection.
- Place the Alexa device within the range of Wifi connectivity as it can fix orange ring light issues.
- No electronic devices must be placed near the Alexa device as they can block the Wifi signals and distrupt the setup process.
What Should You Do When the Echo Dot Won’t Turn Orange?
Now that you know the different processing of various light rings and what steps you need to consider while turning the light orange, its time to know the solution on how to fix when Alexa won’t turn orange. There can be multiple reasons behind it. We are going to discuss them in detail here:
- Check the internet connection– First of all, you need to make sure that your internet connection is working accordingly. If you are facing issues with the internet, Alexa will not work as expected.
- Restart the router- You can also fix this issue by restarting your wireless router device. Wait for 5 minutes before connecting Alexa to wifi again. In some cases, bad networks lead to connectivity issues, and a simple restart can solve your problem effectively.
- Restart the Echo Dot device- By restarting it, you can reconnect your device to wifi. Power it off for some time, then put it back on again. Now try connecting back to wifi again. A simple reboot of the Echo Dot can help the light turn orange.
- Double check the wifi password– Incorrect passwords can also be the reason why Alexa won’t turn orange! If you confirm that the hardware is functioning correctly, choose the device connected to your wifi network and disconnect it. Now reconnect it by entering the same password. If the device easily recognises the network but fails to connect with the password you entered, then the wifi password you are using is wrong. Update your password on Alexa. Go to settings and see if the password has updated. Consider using a simple password with special characters.
- Keep the Electronic Devices At A Certain Distance – Any physical objects between the router and the Echo Dot can also prevent Alexa from connecting to wifi. Devices such as microwaves, monitors, or other electronic devices must be kept at least ten feet away from echo dot and wifi router as it can cause interference. Make sure nothing stands in their way so that the Alexa device can easily connect to the wireless network.
- Reset your Alexa device to factory settings– Firstly you must know about the generation of your particular device. If you have a third generation device, you can easily restore it to factory settings. You just have to press down the action button and hold it for 25 seconds. Now notice the light ring blinking orange and then turning off. The device shows a blue light, and when this happens, you can set it up again through the Alexa app. Ensure that you follow the steps correctly before connecting to the wireless network once more.
If you have a first generation device, you can reset it to factory settings by using the reset button at the bottom part of your device. Use a paperclip to press till it goes back to the factory settings.
Having Alexa allows you to search for anything just by using voice commands. If your device is not turning orange, it cannot connect to wifi. Find out the root cause of the problem and try to fix it. Understanding what the other lights on your device stand for is also essential.
The mentioned guidelines for fixing the echo dot won`t turn orange issue are pretty easy to execute, but if you are still unable to troubleshoot the problem on your own, we recommend contacting the experts. You can resolve your issue by sending a quick message on the Alexa Chat Box or by dialling the official Alexa Helpline Number at +1-872-888-1589. We would be glad to help!