The Alexa device is designed to make your life convenient and smart! No matter what features are included, it has revolutionized the world of smart home technology. Alexa is a forerunner, which is why it is widely known and accepted. Everyone knows who Alexa is today! There are many people who are aware of the future scope of smart devices! Amazon echo, in particular, is capable of performing a wide range of tasks with ease but in some circumstances it ran into trouble like Alexa “Sorry, Something Went Wrong “ issue.
As the proud owner of an Alexa device, it can become a pretty good part of your routine. You can do so much more than just give voice instructions. In the majority of the time, it works incredibly well, but in some cases, Alexa keeps saying sorry, something went wrong. Whenever this happens, you have to solve the problem with troubleshooting steps. Trying to deal with the Alexa app “whoops, something went wrong” issue? Well, it can be a nightmare, but we are going to guide you the right way here. Jump right in and make the most of this quick guide!
Why does my Alexa keep saying “Sorry, something went wrong?”
First of all, what is the reason for Alexa keep saying “Sorry,” something went wrong? The majority of users have this misunderstanding that the device can work efficiently even without an internet connection. Sorry to say, but this is fiction! The fact is that all of the actions that you can do with your Alexa device need the internet. That is why sometimes Amazon Echo says “sorry,” something went wrong, because your Amazon Echo device is not properly connected to WiFi. There are many more reasons due to which Alexa app whoops something went wrong, issue occurs other than this:
- Programming glitches can also disturb the device’s application.
- The device is far from the WiFi source.
- Alexa is not able to handle all requests at the same time.
However, Alexa is flexible, versatile, and capable of answering all objective statements. If you receive an Alexa apology, something went wrong issue, there is most likely an issue with your internet connection. But what else can you do to fix this error? Let’s find out!
How do i fix the Alexa” Sorry, Something Went Wrong” Issue
Why does my Alexa keep saying “Sorry, something went wrong?” Users frequently become perplexed at this point. This is one of the most common errors that is infuriating just because it can mean things. If your Alexa device is saying ‘sorry, something went wrong’, it means the setup is incomplete or there is some connection problem. Here is the detailed guide on how to fix the issue.
- Check the internet Connection – Make sure you have an Internet connection first and that the connection is stably working with 5 Mbps bandwidth. Check the lights on your Alexa device. If it doesn’t turn orange, internet connection is weak. Test your internet connection by searching something on Google with your smartphone. If the result shows instantly, your internet is working. You can also check this by verifying wifi bars kn your phone or PC. Otherwise you have to check with your ISP.
- Restart Alexa Hub– Sometimes Alexa hubs sync with one another and your Alexa hubs just stop working. They might need a quick power cycle. Before you do anything else, fix this. The majority of people experience Alexa app glitches as a result of this. This fix is simple and is reported as positive. Generally, power cycles are great for troubleshooting this issue, but the term can seem complex. This actually means turning something on and off again. Fix this by following these steps:
- Unplug all Amazon hubs. That means turning Echos, Echo Dots, and every smart speaker off.
- Now wait a few seconds.
- Plug them back in again and the power cycle will be finished there.
- Power Cycle Router/Modem– Bad internet connection can be the cause Alexa keeps saying “sorry, something went wrong.” If your echo device is acting up and you are noticing a recent spate of error messages, this could be happening because of a bad internet connection. On your end, you can turn it off and turn it back on again. Give your hub some time because, in some cases, it takes more than this to get Alexa in her normal position. Resetting the router will bring it back to its original settings effectively. Negative changes will wipe out Also, make sure your internet connection is strong enough to sustain the process.
- Work on Alexa app– if you are trying to run a specific skill and an Alexa “sorry something went wrong” issue comes up, it’s devastating. This errors can be the result of skill getting enough work. Open your app and see the following points:
- Skills are completely downloaded and if they’re not, they won’t run.
- Enable the skills and give them permission from the app to run.
- Make sure the login credentials associated with the skills are correct.
- If the details are incorrect, Alexa keeps saying “sorry, something went wrong.”
- The email address for the skill must match with the Amazon account.
If you have a smartphone, go to your phone’s Settings, then Apps, and click on Manage Apps. Find Amazon Alexa and tap on Force Stop. This will clear the data, and now go to the Play Store to redownload the Alexa app.
- See if Server is down– Amazon Alexa hugely depends up on server. If the server is down, Amazon Echo will say “sorry, something went wrong.” Amazon Alexa is a service that can go down like Twitter. It happens rarely but this case can still happen. So, if your server is down, you won’t be able to do much until Amazon resolves the issue. However, you can contact our alexa technical experts for this.
- Wait for some time- It can be aggravating to have your Alexa offline. Undoubtedly, this can disturb your routine, throw a wrench in cooking, or you may be missing music or something else. But your Amazon Echo is going to require the internet. Ensure the device is updated and the internet connection is working. Wait until it gets fixed before freaking out.
Also read : How To Fix Amazon Echo Down Issue
What should you do if none of this works?
If you are still facing the Alexa Sorry something went wrong issue, you have a major problem. This can be resolved under expert guidance only. Your Amazon Alexa device won’t do anything but tell you that something went wrong. Dial the Alexa Helpline number +1-872-888-1589 and ask the experts why my Alexa keeps saying sorry, something went wrong. They are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!