Amazon Echo is a speaker, and Alexa is a smart home device and Amazon’s voice-operated virtual assistant. Alexa can do numerous tasks, such as reading the news or reminding you of a doctor’s appointment. On top of that, Alexa can play your favorite songs as well! However, Amazon Echos don’t have powerful speakers, so you need to pair them with a Bluetooth speaker for the best listening experience. Everyone is fascinated by connecting Alexa to Bluetooth speakers and listening to songs comfortably in their smart home. Bluetooth speakers add more volume and spread the sound to multiple rooms. But first of all, make sure you have a compatible Bluetooth device to be paired with your Echo Dot and then connect both. Many of you must have been thinking about how to connect Alexa to a Bluetooth speaker. Fret not, this guide will help you!!!
Which Bluetooth Speakers Are Compatible With Alexa?
- Connect an echo-certified Bluetooth speaker to your Alexa for the best user experience.
- Alexa is compatible with the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP SNK) and the Audio/Video Remote Control Protocols (AVRCP).
- Remove any other devices that are currently using Alexa via Bluetooth before connecting your device.As you know, Alexa can not be paired with multiple Bluetooth speakers at the same time.
- Also, make sure you have a splitter or transmitter.
Things You Must Consider On How To Connect Alexa To Bluetooth Speaker
- Place your Alexa device and Bluetooth speaker at least 3 feet apart from each other. Placing them too close can interfere with the listening abilities of the echo dot. It will become difficult for Alexa to identify any word and other commands correctly.
- As discussed earlier, use a speaker that’s compatible with your Alexa device. Check out the Certified Speakers and Supported Bluetooth Profiles for Echo Devices pages on the official website.
- See if you can pair Alexa with other devices like a smartphone. If your device requires a PIN, you are likely to face some issues while connecting Alexa to Bluetooth speakers.
- Disconnect all the third parties from Alexa because the Echo Dot only supports one Bluetooth device at a time.
Connecting Alexa To Bluetooth
No matter what Alexa model you are using, you may not be able to hear it from another room. Who wants to confine their music to just one room? Fill this space by connecting your Alexa device with a Bluetooth speaker. Here you will learn how to connect Alexa to Bluetooth speakers or headphones!!
- First of all, position both devices at least 3 feet apart from each other, and don’t forget to turn on your speaker for pairing mode.
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone and go to the section “Device”. Here you will see an icon on the bottom right corner of your screen that looks like a house.
- From this menu, select the Echo Dot that you want to pair. Also, tap Bluetooth Devices in the next menu.
- Click on “Pair a New Device.” Now you will see available device options that you can pair. If you don’t know what your device is called, check the device properly and see if there is a model number.
- You are likely to find the model number on the bottom of the device.
- Now, whenever you turn on your Alexa, it will not be connected to your Bluetooth speakers. You have to say, “Connect my speaker.” The Echo Dot will automatically pair with the last device connected to it.
How To Use Alexa As A Bluetooth Speaker?
Basically, Amazon Echo devices are speakers that help you connect and interact with Alexa. As we highlighted above, you can connect Alexa models to Bluetooth speakers and make them more powerful. Now you have knowledge on how to connect Alexa to Bluetooth speakers. Do you think Alexa devices themselves can be used as Bluetooth speakers? The answer is here and it’s YES! Do follow these steps to use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device from a computer or smartphone.
- Say, “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth.”
- This will switch on its pairing mode.
- Now go to the settings of your phone or computer and launch Bluetooth. You will see Alexa under the pair-able devices. Tap on it and Alexa will let you know if a successful pairing was made.
- Once the Echo Dot is successfully paired with your computer or phone, you can start using it as a wireless speaker.
How to Connect Alexa to WiFi?
How To Fix Alexa Offline Issue?
Helping You Out With The Best Assistance
This was just a quick guide on how to connect Alexa to Bluetooth speakers. We hope this helps you use your Echo speaker to enjoy music enthusiastically and more fabulously.
In case, if you are still not able to connect your Alexa device to a Bluetooth speaker, please reach out to our official helpline. Our experts are here to assist you and fix any kind of trouble you are facing. Simply dial the toll-free Alexa official helpline number +1-872-888-1589 or use the chat box to get in touch with us.
Do leave us a comment, if you have any further queries.