How to Connect Ring Doorbell to Echo Show? – It won’t be wrong to say that the Ring doorbell and Echo Show are made for each other. The combination of Ring and Alexa, take your smart home idea one step ahead. Although, connecting and controlling ring doorbell and security camera is an easy process but sometimes Ring with Alexa doesn’t go well. A proper sync video doorbell-like ring allows users to explore great features but if it’s connected properly it’s a waste. Therebefore, if you have no idea How to Connect the Ring to Echo Show then we are here for you.
The ring doorbell offers you a smart doorbell experience in which you are able to see who is standing at the door without opening or answering the door. You can communicate with the visitor through a microphone on echo show and you can see them on screen. Isn’t that something? Not only this you can customize labels for each ring doorbell also. Like label your back door as “back door” and whenever you want to interact with it, just say the name and interact with that particular doorbell. So let’s dive deep to know the setup of Alexa and Ring Doorbell to avail of its features.
Connect Ring Doorbell to Echo Show | Complete Guide
If you’ve just purchased an Echo show then first you need to set up the device before connecting Ring Doorbell to Echo show. After that, you can connect your Ring Doorbell to the Echo show after performing a simple process that involves installing the Ring skill, discovering devices, etc. Now you might be excited to know the most proficient steps to connect Ring to Alexa. Go through the below-listed points to add the Ring to Alexa quickly!
Set up your Echo Show
- Plugin your Echo Show to the power outlet using the power cable provided.
- Once you have turned on the power, your Echo show will boot automatically.
- Choose the language you want to use when indicated.
As the device works only if connected with a stable Wi-Fi network, therefore, choose your Wi-Fi network from the list displaying.
- Tap on the wireless network that you want to use.
- Type your password and then tap “Connect“.
- Now you have to login into your Alexa account using your login credentials.
- Tap “Continue”, and confirm your Time Zone.
- Give a descriptive name to your device and tap “Continue”.
Enable the Ring Skill
To connect Ring to Alexa, you will need to enable the Ring skill. And then, you will get seamless control over your Ring Doorbell. Follow these steps to enable the Ring Skill.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone.
- Tap on the “More” tab. (In the bottom-right corner)
- Choose “Skills & Games” from the menu.
- Now Search for “Ring“.
- Click on the Ring skill when it appears.
- View the description carefully and Tap “Enable to Use“.
- Enter the login credentials for your Ring account.
- Read the permissions, and tap “authorize“.
Now you have enabled the skill, the next thing to do is connect your Ring Doorbell to your Echo Show:
- Tap on “Discover Devices”, Alexa will start scanning for new devices.
- After a few moments, it will display your Ring Doorbell.
- Choose your Doorbell, then tap “Set Up Device”.
- When added all your Ring devices, then tap “All devices are setup> Done.”
Things to Try With Your Ring and Alexa
There are many things that you can try to test your devices such as viewing the feed, motion announcements, and many other things. You can consider trying the below-listed commands.
- To view your feed from the Ring doorbell, use the phrase – “Alexa, show me…” followed by the name of your Ring device. And if you are concerned that someone is snooping around your property then stop the feed by saying “Alexa, stop.”
- Alexa will notify you if someone is at your door. You can answer the door through a voice command such as “Alexa, answer the (Name of the device),” or “Alexa, talk to the (Name of the device),”. A two-way communication line will open and you can speak to the visitor.
- Ring Doorbells comes with a great feature of reviewing the doorbell history. You can play all recordings collected by your device by using the command “Alexa, show me the last activity from (device name). The device allows you to see the recording of the last 30 days.
What If Alexa can`t find ring doorbell?
If Alexa can`t find ring doorbell, try the below listed troubleshooting to discover your smart home device easily.
- Reboot both devices : Unplug the power cord from both of your devices. Wait for a couple seconds and then plug it back in.
- Ensure that both ring doorbell and Alexa device is connected to the same Wifi Network. You can verify or change the Wifi settings by navigating to the Alexa app < Devices < Choose your device < Press change next to the Wifi network.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to update the Wireless information in the app.
- Check if you’ve entered the correct login details i.e. username and password in the ring app. Usually by default, mobile device capitalize the first letter of every word when typing in a field box. If the ring password doesn’t start with an uppercase letter, check if it is not capitalize in the mobile app. Also, verify that there is no space before or after the username.
- Disconnect the ring doorbell device using the Disable option for your device in the Amazon Alexa app. Later, renable it again.
- Turn on SSDP/UPnP on your router by updating the router settings.
- Check & install any software updates available for your ring doorbell and echo show.
Contact Technical Support
Hopefully, you will be able to connect Ring to the Echo show using the above-listed precise steps. This method is 100% tested by our experts and is easy though! But in any case, you get into any trouble while performing the process then you might be missing somewhere. Don’t worry, you can get additional assistance from Alexa experts on the chat, or simply dial Alexa Customer support number 1-872-888-1589 from your mobile.