Have you recently bought Amazon Alexa? Finding it difficult to install the Alexa app on your smartphone or PC? Worry not; We are here to give you the solution!
As you know, the Alexa app is a companion to your Amazon Echo and Amazon Dot; Amazon Alexa is always ready to play your favorite music, create lists, answer questions, provide weather and news updates and much more exciting stuff.
Alexa continually learns and adds more functions in it over time. As a result, the more you use Alexa, the more she adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. In this article, we will show you how to download and install the Alexa app on PC and Smartphone.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
You have to set up your Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot for the first time. Though Alexa is a highly personal assistant, it’s not possible for her to do everything independently. So in order to get started, you’ll need to get the Alexa app on your mobile device or computer. It’s free and easy to use, so follow these steps, and you’ll be able to make the most of your new Amazon Echo or Amazon Dot!
For Installing The Alexa App On Smartphones:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Amazon Alexa App
- Click install the alexa app
- After the app is installed, you can set up the app to connect to your Amazon account.
- When it’s done, go back to your home screen and tap the Alexa app to set it up.
- Log in the details – Username and Password from your Amazon account.
- Then you’ll need to register your device by providing basic information about yourself like name and email address before proceeding with the setup process (this is necessary because Alexa needs this info when sending emails or texts on behalf of users).
- After registration, choose which language you’d like Alexa to use when responding back during conversations, such as “English” or “Spanish” (the options will vary depending on what country you live in).
For Set Up:
- After logging in to your Amazon Alexa app, you need to select the device you are using.
- Press the “Action button,” and you will see that a green light will start appearing.
- Then you need to select the wifi. Make sure to choose the same wifi that you are using on your smartphone.
- After filling in the wifi details, your Alexa will automatically connect to your smartphone and say, “Your device is ready to use”
How To Use The Alexa App On PC
- Go to Amazon.com, and sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
- Now, you can download the Alexa app on your PC. After downloading, install the Alexa application on your PC.
- To connect Alexa with your windows, you need to open the Alexa app and tap on the Devices icon that appears at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Next, select ‘Echo & Alexa’ from the list of options appearing on the screen in front of you.
- Tap on the ‘Pair a New Device’ option displayed at the top-right corner of the screen and follow all instructions that appear on the screen in order to connect Alexa with the computer successfully.
How To Use The Alexa App On Mac
- Turn on your Mac and launch the Safari browser.
- Enter alexa.com in the search bar and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
- Click on the “Sign In” button at the top right of the screen to open the login page.
- Enter your Amazon account details such as email address and password, and click on “Sign In” to access your Alexa app account.
- If you are using Alexa for the first time, you will be asked to pair your Echo device with the Alexa app. Follow these steps to complete it.
- Launch the Alexa app on your Mac by visiting alexa.com in the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Select the “Settings” menu from the left menu panel followed by “Set Up A New Device.”
- Tap on the “Set Up A Device For The First Time” option to proceed further with the setup process.
- Now, select whether you want to set up an Echo device or Echo accessory (including Fire TV, Alexa-enabled speaker, etc.) from the available options and tap the “Continue” button below.
- Make sure that you have a strong internet connection while doing this process.
How to Download the Amazon Alexa App for Mac Computer?
How to Fix it When Amazon Alexa App Not Working?
The Alexa app is easy to use, and if you own an Alexa-enabled device of some sort, it’s definitely worth downloading. You don’t just get a personal assistant from Alexa. You also get access to a growing list of skills that can make your life easier or more interesting. Alexa’s latest feature allows you to multi-task her across devices and platforms. You can manage lists, add items to your shopping list, listen to music, and so much more. So what are you waiting for?
We hope that you find this article useful; however, if you are still facing some issues related to installing the Alexa app on your smartphone or PC, you can talk to our expert over chat or dial the Alexa helpline number +1-872-888-1589 for any queries and solving your issues. We will be glad to assist you at any time!